Saturday 16 May 2009

Eight pointless things about myself

I have been tagged by Dick Puddlecote to come up with eight pointless things about myself. So here goes:

  1. I am irritated by people who leave the tops off pens
  2. The only professional football match I have ever attended was in 1971, when I saw Everton beat Southampton 8-0
  3. I must get some varifocals next time I have my eyes tested, as I am struggling to read beer bottle labels with my glasses on
  4. I can see a blue pyramid from my bedroom window - even when sober
  5. When I was at university in Birmingham in the late 1970s, I once went all the way round the Number 11 Outer Circle bus route
  6. I witnessed the final flight of the Vulcan bomber before its recent restoration
  7. The beer I have almost certainly drunk most of in my life is Robinson’s Unicorn (formerly Best Bitter)
  8. I enjoy the music of the Swedish pop duo Roxette
Not being a believer in chain letters I won't be passing the misery on to anyone else.

You could also try looking at this questionnaire, done when such things were all the rage in the newspapers.

4 comments:

  1. I know of a lot of folks who do the 11 bus route for fun. In spite of the nearest stop to me serving the 11 route, I refuse to get on it an become a statistic (it doesn't go where I need to go anyway) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo, hiss, spoilsport. ;-)

    This might be more your thing, then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Boo, hiss, spoilsport. ;-)"

    Captain Ranty didn't tag anyone else either :P

    I have no friends anyway :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny you mention the Vulcan. I am currently reading Vuclan 607 - a book about that particular airframe destroying the airstrip at Stanley. It's a good read.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, especially on older posts, may require prior approval by the blog owner. See here for details of my comment policy.

Please register an account to comment. Unregistered comments will generally be rejected unless I recognise the author. If you want to comment using an unregistered ID, you will need to tell me something about yourself.